Graphic Designers have a creative bent of mind that can transform ideas into eye-catching images. A course in graphic designing sculpts creativity skills to turn budding creatives into professionals that create pleasing designs that also convey information. Graphic Designers can work in various areas ranging from logo designing to advertising campaigns. In fact, these days, Graphic Designing is gaining popularity among those unique individuals who possess originality, creativity, and a keen eye for design. If you think you possess these skills, then going for a course in Graphic Designing after 12th can prove rewarding.
How to Become a Graphic Designer After 12th (Commerce, Science and, Arts)
- Employers look for Graphic Designers who have a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design.
- Besides an academic degree, Graphic Designers should be well-acquainted with various computer software and technology related to their field.
- They should be an expert in using graphic design tools like Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Quark, etc.
- Additionally, students should build their skills while they are studying by pursuing internships and part-time jobs in their field.
Graphic Design Courses After 12th
B Sc in Graphic Design
B Sc in Graphic Design is a 3-year course after 12th that trains creative students for the digital world. Students will learn about drawing, sketching, digital art, multimedia, 3D motion design, etc. B Sc Graphic Design graduates can pursue their career in advertising agencies, Film Production Houses and Design Consultants as a Graphic Designer or a Digital Artist.
B Design (Graphics)
B Design Graphics is a 4-year course after 12th that involves learning about package design, UI design, environmental graphics and motion graphics. Students will learn about visual design tools, digital art, 3D motion, digital art, comic strips and story boards, etc. After completion of the course, students can secure jobs Graphic Designers or Digital Artists in E-Commerce Companies, TV/ Ad Production Houses, IT Sector and other business organizations.
How to Get Admission in Graphic Design Courses After 12th
- Minimum eligibility criteria for admission in Graphic Design courses is 55% aggregate marks in 12th.
- Many good universities select students on the basis of merit in entrance tests like UCEED and LPUNEST.
- On the basis of these tests, students can also avail scholarships in colleges.
Skills Required to Become a Graphic Designer
As already discussed, students must acquire expertise in using graphic designing tools like Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, etc. Here are some skills that a graphic designer must have in order to succeed in the profession:
- A sense of color and spatial symmetry.
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and client requirements.
- Ability to receive criticism positively.
- Ability to understand client’s needs and produce the desired results.