Fasion Designing is the most glamorous field to do your graduation in. It does not only require creative thinking but is also lucrative and growth-oriented. Fashion Design is one of the professions that creates high paying jobs in India for the deserving creative artists.
Career in Fashion Designing
- Students who have completed their 10 + 2 in any stream can kick-start their career in fashion designing by pursuing a bachelors degree in fashion.
- As a fashion design student, you will study interesting subjects like material handling, fashion design process, draping, dyeing and printing, pattern making, business planning and many more.
- Today, with advancing technology, the Fashion Design industry uses advanced techniques to visualize and create designs. It will be highly benefecial for students to learn technologies and software like Computer Aided Designing (CAD).
- After completing bachelors in Fashion Design, various job profiles that suit fashion design graduates are Fashion Designer, Fashion Illustrator, Fashion Stylist, Fashion Consultant, Fashion Merchandiser, Quality Executive, Visual Merchandiser, Fashion Photographer, etc.
Skills Required to Excel in the Fashion Design Industry
- Business Acumen: Along with a creative and artistic perspective, students who want to make a rewarding career in Fashion Design should possess business acumen. Since, fashion designer’s work greatly depends on clients, possessing a good business acumen will ensure retaining good clients.
- Good communication: Good communication skills are imperative whenever it comes to dealing with clients. From understanding the client’s needs to explaining your ideas to them, everything comes under the purview of communication skills.
- Technically Adept: Software is widely used by modern fashion designers to play with different designs to pick and print the one which looks the best. Being adept technically adept and having knowledge of various software associated with your field will put you ahead in the race.
- Creative and Artistic: If you love to mix and match colors, love to draw, have an eye for detail, love experimenting with shades in different light, then, you’re meant for this glamorous field of Fashion Design.
Why Choose LPU for Fashion Designing
- Students can choose from B.Sc (Fashion Design) or B.Design (Fashion) as per their career objectives.
- Studying at a university like LPU will give you exposure to international standards and trends.
- The university has an on-campus mall where Fashion Design students can run their own outlets.
- The university regularly organizes fashion shows, hence giving a chance for our students to showcase their talent.
- Renowned fashion icons like Mr India, Miss India, international models, and top fashion designers visit LPU and interact with fashion design students.