Law is one of the popular career choices in India and certainly among the most respected professions with a wide range of job opportunities. Not only the court but various corporate houses, law firms, administrative and judicial organizations offer a well-paid legal career. You can choose to study law as long as you have the passion for it.
Law career options in India
- If you’re interested in making a career in law, you can either do a 3-year law course after graduation in any discipline or a 5-year integrated law course after 12th
- Students, from any background, can compete in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) which is the entrance exam into the National Law Universities across the country.
- Post completion of the law course, you can get an opportunity to work in various fields including litigation, law firms, government agencies, banks and more.
- The legal profession is one of the highly paid professions in which earning depends entirely upon the name, fame, experience and job profile of the candidate.
Skills required to become a successful law professional
- Communication skills: For a successful legal profession, one must possess excellent oratory skills and a strong command of the language. In addition, one must also develop keen listening skills and should be able to advocate a position or a cause.
- Analytical skills: Legal professionals should be able to evaluate and integrate large volumes of complex information efficiently and effectively. One should also develop logical thinking, organization, and problem-solving abilities.
- Research skills: Legal professionals must master legal research techniques and the art of statutory interpretation. One should also learn how to locate and synthesize legal authority.
- Time management skills: Law professionals must possess superior multi-tasking skills. One must be able to meet deadlines and follow a strong work ethic.
Why choose LPU for law
- Fostering a graduate with in-depth knowledge of different aspects of laws comprising civil, criminal, taxation and international laws, and ensuring conceptual clarity for judicial services aspirants.
- Elective courses from within the discipline are offered such as banking laws, election law, customary laws, health law, human right laws and many more, to give more depth or breadth to a student’s core competencies.
- To expand the learning opportunities of the students, LPU conducts seminars, educational trips, live projects, workshops, community projects, incubation projects, guest lectures, competitive events and more.
- One can opt for LPUNEST for the admission process and to form the basis of eligibility for the scholarship.
- A student can also opt to study abroad or obtain a foreign degree through LPU’s international collaborations.