LPU students and faculty had the privilege to witness and interact with the world’s number 1 transformation coach Kris Gethin and an amazingly capable entrepreneur Jag Chima on August 7th, 2019.
Kris Gethin was born and raised in Wales but currently resides in the US where he operates most of his businesses. He started off by saying how India is very special as he had spent 4 years here training eminent personalities like Hrithik Roshan (Krrish 3), John Abraham, Mahesh Babu, Arjun Kapoor, and Ranveer Singh to name a few and started multiple branches of Kris Gethin gyms. Kris Gethin
Jag Chima, on the other hand, was raised in the UK and has set up many successful businesses like The London Group, Chima Builders, Yogland, London Residentials, and Physique Global in the UK, India and many parts of the world and has earned a name for himself. Jag Chima
The seminar was on Knowledge and mileage to success where both of them talked on fitness and entrepreneurship respectively. Kris explained how staying fit can help not only build a body but confidence, energy, bone structure, a better mind, and spirit too.
For all the gym enthusiasts who couldn’t make it to the event, here are a few bullet pointers given by Kris himself:
- Try not to compare yourself with anyone on Instagram. Work on yourself only for you.
- Get used to getting comfortable by being uncomfortable.
- Don’t over-train first thing in the morning and no matter how much sleep you get, get a deep sleep. This will help you think and strengthen your ability to react to things easily.
- Train slowly and consistently and not all at once.
- No matter what you eat, make sure it is clean without oil and butter.
- Take 5-6 little meals every day. They should be little and often.
- If you’re unable to take meals, chug down food in the form of protein shakes.
- Drink lots of water even if you’re feeling like you’re doing well. Your body needs it.
- Tea and coffee are a big NO due to caffeine. It only makes you thirstier and deprives your body of the energy needed to train.
- Don’t train during the whole week and cheat on the weekends. This could have a massive effect on your improvement.
Jag Chima talked about his wonderful journey to where he is as a successful entrepreneur. He began by telling us that he started his first mobile phone distribution business in east London when he was just 18. Later on, he worked in the real estate industry which led to him starting a company in the same field. He says, “What kind of life are you living if you’re only living for the weekend?”. This provoked a lot of thought in the minds of all those present in the seminar. He also said that the world doesn’t stop for anybody and in order to become successful in whatever you’re doing, you have to believe in your vision, trust the journey and be patient.
The seminar concluded with a question and answer session which was very interactive and with fun competitions for the students who later received gifts from Kris Gethin.
LPU takes pride in bringing eminent personalities like Kris Gethin and Jag Chima to teach its students valuable life lessons which will help them in the long run. This is just one of the hundreds of events that take place throughout the year.