Your freshman year at LPU will undoubtedly be an experience you’ll remember for the rest of your life!
So you’re here, you’ve unpacked – what next? When I stepped inside the campus roughly a year ago, I had no clue what to expect. Luckily, I found other freshmen as hyped up as I was, and we helped each other get through all the admission procedures and formalities. That’s one thing you always need to remember: every other freshman is just as new to the university as you are, so don’t be afraid to ask questions and make conversation. Also – Freshmen Induction is the perfect roadmap to finding your way around campus and being better acquainted with your fellow peers/professors – so don’t miss out on this!
Here are 5 Crucial Tips I Wish Someone had Shared with Me Before I Joined LPU:
- Your Seniors Want To Hear From You: For many freshmen, the thought of walking up to a senior and saying, “Hi, my name is _______. Can we get to know eachother?”can be quite intimidating. But why? Seniors are basically your elder brothers and sisters at university. They have experience and advice to share with you that can help you overcome any social and/or academic struggle. Your seniors may be busy with academic and extracurricular work loads, but nevertheless, they want you to know that they’re always there for you when/if you need them.
- Mingle: You’ll never find a campus as diverse and multicultural as LPU – it’s basically a small cosmopolitan city. You’ll find students from all over the world wherever you go (the mall, hostel, classroom, DSA block etc). Don’t be afraid to converse with students from Cambodia, or Ethiopia, or Uganda – who knows who could be your new best friend? It’ll be a great learning experience too, a window to a whole new culture.
- Vertos Are Basically Your Second Family: OK let’s face it – being away from family and close friends is hard on all of us – there’s no denying that. But if you’re looking for the best medicine to cure your homesickness, there’s nothing more powerful than your fellow vertos! They’ll fill your heart with so much laughter and happiness, and stick by you through everything.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Participate: There are endless extra-curricular activities at LPU – so if you like any of them (and I’m pretty sure you will!), you can simply go to the DSA block and register your interest.It’s really that simple. Another option is to start on your own (which is also great!). Step outside your comfort zone, take initiative and showcase your creative talents – trust me, you’ll see amazing results.
- Bookmark Your UMS– and/or Get theApp ASAP: If you were anything like me when I was Freshman, you’re bound to have a dozen questions about, well…everything. The formalities and regulations can sometimes overwhelm us and going to the admissions block 3times a day isn’t anyone’s cup of tea – that’s where the UMS (University Management System) comes in. The UMS is the handiest tool (and biggest life-saver) you’ll come across! All your questions and concerns will be properly addressed through the UMS. It’s simple, organized, efficient and has everything. Don’t forget to bookmark this on your default browser, whichever device you’re using. Also, get the app for quicker access to things like your grades, courses, attendance etc.