Engineering is one those fields to which no geographical boundaries apply. Computer Science and IT Professionals from India easily secure jobs in MNCs across the world based on their skills and expertise. From software and app development to artificial intelligence, Computer Science is a field that has transformed our lives to an extent that we underestimate the smart technology that assists us in the day to day tasks. The field is evergreen and many more developments are still to come.
B.Tech Computer Science trains students in the basics with subjects like information and coding theory, algorithms and data structures, programming language theory, formal methods, applied computer science etc. After completing B.Tech, students can opt for a job in the field or go into the field of research.
Eligibility and Entry Pathways
There are two ways by which students can get admission in B.Tech Computer Science Engineering (CSE).
Students who have passed 10+2 with Physics and Maths are eligible to apply for B.Tech CSE. Admission is further subjected to qualifying of entrance tests of different universities like LPUNEST
After Diploma (Lateral Entry):
Students who have passed Diploma (Engineering) in any stream with at least 60% marks are eligible to apply for B.Tech CSE. Admission is further subjected to qualifying of entrance tests of different universities like LPUNEST
Courses in Computer Science Engineering
Those who want to make a career in Computer Science Engineering have several options that lead to different career profiles like Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Research and Teaching.
Students can opt for B.Tech (CSE), M.Tech (CSE) or integrated courses to make a career in Computer Science Engineering
Scope of B.Tech Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
- Computer Science is a very broad field that just teaches you the basics. B.Tech CSE teaches the basics of a range of further fields of CSE like Networking, Operating Systems, Database Management, Programming etc.
- A B.Tech CSE graduate can opt for a job as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, System Engineer, Network Administrators, Database Administrator, Software Tester, Web and Mobility Engineer in various IT firms and MNCs.
- Depending on the profile chosen, the salary of a B.Tech graduate is around 3.5 lacs per annum.
- Students can also appear for GATE whose scorecard is considered by Government Organizations for recruitment.
Scope of B.Tech + M.Tech Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
- Integrated B.Tech M.Tech is a 5-year course that saves one year considering course duration of both B.Tech and M.Tech which are 4 years and 2 years respectively.
- M.Tech graduates can opt for a job in MNCs. M.Tech will give an edge to B.Tech candidates.
- M.Tech intensifies the study of Computer Science Engineering and lets you dig deeper CSE. M.Tech also opens door to research in the field of CSE.
Scope of B.Tech CSE + MBA
- Integrated B.Tech MBA is a 5-year course that saves one year considering course duration of both B.Tech and MBA which are 4 years and 2 years respectively.
- One can opt for Information Technology as their specialization in MBA allowing them to stick to their field.
- B.Tech + MBA graduates can land exciting job opportunities in leadership roles in IT firms and MNCs.
- MBA gives you the title of “Jack of all Trades” or “Multi-talented”, because, in addition to IT skills, you also become adept in business management, making you an ideal candidate for a team leader at an IT firm.
Additional Skills and Certifications that give a Competitive Edge
What will make you stand out in the crowd? Organizations look for professionals with practical knowledge and experience. There’s a lot more beyond classrooms and laboratories that can be done in college. Some of the things that make your resume stand out are:
Internships at impactful organizations:
Internships during vacation can be rewarding in unimaginable ways. College can play a huge role in helping you land internships at top brands like Google and Microsoft.
The field of Computer Science Engineering is very wide and much beyond books and classroom. Having certain skills gives one an edge over their competitors. Some of the skill certifications include – SAP, Oracle and, PEGA.
Participating in Hackathons and Tech-Fests
Participating in such events gives students a chance to explore and learn from their peers from other universities and colleges. Winning in such competitions can give an extra edge in catching the eye of potential recruiters.