Seven-day workshop on Econometrics is being organized by Mittal School of Business and Human Resource Development Centre, Lovely Professional University.
In this era of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity, data-based decisions have acquired great significance. One of the pivotal aspects of contemporary research is outcome orientation for societal development. Policy makers and strategic think tanks look upon the researchers for employing authentic data analysis techniques which help in the predictive analysis based on historical data.
The econometric methods and tools are instrumental whenever there is a
need for finding the stochastic relationship in a mathematical format. Econometric methods can be used in multidisciplinary research involving areas like business, commerce, engineering, physical sciences, biological sciences, medical sciences, geosciences & agricultural sciences etc. The econometric tools are helpful in explaining the relationships among variables. So there is a dire need to equip the researchers and faculty members with econometric analysis techniques focusing on panel and time series data. The present workshop has been designed keeping in view this important perspective. In this intensive, interactive and hands-on workshop, the participants will get to learn the statistical forecasting and modelling tools.
Participants will develop capacity:
• To examine the real-world problems using econometric techniques with
the help of EViews
• To have advanced knowledge of unit roots and cointegration in the context of panel data regression models.
• To apply linear and non-linear univariate techniques of time series models.
Who can attend
• LPU Research Scholars
• LPU Faculty, Alumni and Staff Members
• External Faculty & Research Scholars
• Hands on experience on various models through EViews
• Exposure on how the statistical techniques have been used in various
good research publications
• One on one coaching
• Basic knowledge of Research methodology will be an added advantage.
• Software Required:
➢ EViews Version 8 and above (Trial Version may be provided)
➢ Data Worksheets will be provided
Important dates and fees
Registration closes on: 31st May 2019
Scholar/Faculty/Alumni: Rs. 5650
External Research scholar: Rs. 5950
External Participants: Rs. 6450
• Course fee includes program kit, handouts, hospitality and certification.
• Online payment will be accepted up to 2nd June 2019
• Cash payment will be accepted for registered participants latest by 25th May 2019 up to 4 p.m., subject to the availability of seats.
• Fee once paid is non-refundable.
• Accommodation can be arranged on request at subsidized rates.
|Title||Workshop on Econometrics-Time Series & Panel Data Analysis|
|Resource Persons||Dr. C. P. Gupta, Professor, Department of Financial Studies, South Campus, University of Delhi, Delhi.
Dr. DINESH JAISINGHANI- Assistant Professor, Fortune Institute of International Business, New Delhi.
Dr. S.K. Kashyap, Professor and Dy. Dean in Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University
|Dates||June 10 to June 16, 2019|
|Time||9.00 am to 5.00 pm|
|Venue||Block 32, room no 413|
|For details||Refer brochure|