Short Term Course on Research Methodology and Data Analysis was organized by School of Chemical Engineering and Physical Sciences in collaboration with Human Resource Development Center w.e.f. 06-Jan-22 to 15-Jan-22. The program convener Dr. Sunaina Ahuja, Professor and Dean, Head- Human Resource Development Center and Dr. Kailash Juglan, Professor and Dy. Dean, School of Chemical Engineering and Physical Sciences in the inaugural address highlighted the theoretical and practical inputs, specifically the formulation of research problem, formulation of research hypothesis and testing of hypothesis, data collection methods and selection of appropriate parametric or non-parametric statistical method for analyzing data.
Dr. Uma Kamboj, Assistant Professor, Lovely Professional University, Dr. Neha Munjal, Assistant Professor, Lovely Professional University and Dr. Runjhun Tandon, Associate Professor and Dy. Dean were invited as the Subject Matter Experts. The deliberations focussed on:
- Introduction to Research Methodology, Types of Research and its Significance, Criteria of Good Research
- Sampling and its types, Data Collection Methods – Primary & Secondary
- Data tabulation- Individual, Discrete and Continuous frequency distribution
- Graphical Representation of Data and its Interpretation, Hands-on-Assignment
- Descriptive Data Analysis – Measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, Correlation & Regression
- Hypothesis and its Importance, Characteristics of a Good Hypothesis, Formulating a Hypothesis
- Inferential Analysis – Chi-Square and ANOVA
- Literature Search Strategy, refining research question, what is a Research Problem, Selecting the Problem
- Intellectual Property Rights, Assignment Submission and Post Training Evaluation
In response to the feedback w.r.t. program effectiveness, the participants found the program to be rich in content. The structure of the program was well planned. The response of the Subject Matter Expert to the queries of the participants was appreciated. It was conducted in a participative environment giving opportunities for open discussion and hands-on learning. The participants observed that the program gave them new insights on the topic and was relevant for enhancing the quality of research skills required for outcome-based research.