The global pandemic, COVID-19, came up with many challenges, specifically, the transition in education has been critical. The classes ran to zoom from the room, and the assignments shifted from class to glass, significantly bringing in the screen supremacy as a new normal. But the entire education fraternity having a determined conviction, never stopped and came with innovative solutions together on a global platform, holding hands and continuing the process of imparting knowledge.
Yesterday, to reminisce the up till struggle and consider the challenges, opportunities in higher education ahead, LPU organized a “Conference on International Higher Education Opportunities in the Post COVID World,” where world education leaders came together to create dialogue about international higher education!
The conference with education leaders from top global universities themed to discuss combating the crisis, accepting vaccination, opportunities in higher education, and living together in the post COVID world. And it’s a proud moment to share that the conference comprising Management of top Global Universities was chaired by our Hon’ble Union Minister of Education, Govt of India, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, as the Chief Guest.
The conference kick-started with, Hon’ble Chancellor, Lovely Professional University, Mr Ashok Mittal, warmly welcoming and embracing the esteemed presence of Dr. Ramesh Pokriyal Nishank, Union Minister of Education, Govt of India, and also greeted the other dignitaries and education legends from top-notch global universities.
The host for the conference, Dr. Lovi Raj Gupta, reciting the lines, “Choro purani vo bebas kahani, shuru kar khusi se nayi zindagani, mausam suhana dhara par aaya hai, badli hai dharover ne pracheen kaya hai. Jivan ki pheli kiran bani suhani, choro purani vo bebas kahani, shuru kar khusi se nayi zindagani,” from one of the poems of Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal, invited the great poet, literate, author, and politician to bless the crowd and magnify the grandeur of the ongoing International conference!
The Union Minister congratulated Lovely Professional University and Hon’ble Chancellor, Shri Ashok Mittal, for the incredible initiative taken to highlight the ongoing challenges in higher education and to guide & enlighten the people about the opportunities in higher education in the post COVID world. The minister expressed his happiness over India once again becoming the hub for global education and strengthening the concept of Gyan, Vigyan, Anusandhan!
Appreciating all endeavours at LPU, he specially mentioned- “When the whole world is combating the epidemic, LPU has kept a focus on education & society, and has contributed significantly in such an unprecedented pandemic time.” He further shared:
- This conference came at an opportune time when the International borders are closed. The conference will allow us to delve into the challenges and opportunities presented by COVID-19.
- Aiming to the slogan of modern problems require modern solutions, we should strive to achieve the directives of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji and transform the COVID problems into opportunities. During the pandemic, our IITs came up with amazing inventions like portable ventilators, AI-powered research sets, and more to help him realize his vision of #AatmanirbharBharat.
- As the country’s Education Minister, I’m grateful that our educational institutions have persevered in the face of adversity. We have also exported various forms of machinery to numerous countries, which represents our philosophy of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.
In the latter half of the conference, the education experts in the two panels went on a critical discussion and analysis of the challenges and opportunities for higher education during and in post COVID world. The main points of discussion highlighted the following theme:
- Has higher education realized the internet’s untapped potential?
- Is digitalizing everything worth it?
- Discussion of the COVID-19’s most notable defeats in the field of international higher education: Enrolment Challenges, Student Mobility, or Online Learning
- Reflections on the COVID-I9 pandemic’s lessons learned in the International higher education world
- New Hybrid models of the future
With a significant and healthy discussion that certainly helped a lot of young minds and listeners, the conference ended on a happy note.