Talking about minors in LPU, as I have already discussed in one of my previous articles, LPU provides various options to choose from according to student’s interests and seat availability. In the list of engineering minors that the CSE students commence attending classes from the 3rd year, MEAN Stack Web Development is one of the most sought-after minors.
But before going into the details of the minor in LPU, let us understand what MEAN Stack Web Development is.
MEAN Stack Web Development
Imagine a world without the internet. Tough? I know. We were born in that era of technology where the internet is nothing less than a basic human necessity. Internet is complemented by the websites, which are created and maintained using groups of technologies and software known as stacks.
In full-stack web development, dealing with everything: front end, back end, storing and fetching of data, two stacks are massively popular. The first one is MEAN Stack consisting of MongoDB, Express, Angular, and Nodejs, and the second one is MERN Stack.
Both the stacks are nearly the same, the only difference being in the front-end framework. The web application framework, Angular, is replaced by React in the MERN stack, with all other technologies being the same.
Elaborating each of the technologies:
- MongoDB is a free and open-source no SQL database used by companies like Google, SAP, and Facebook, to name a few.
- Express is a free and open-source, lightweight Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework for creating API, in which Uber, Myntra, and Accenture are the prominent users.
- Technologies such as React (supported by Facebook) and Angular (backed by Google) are the client end frameworks used in companies such as Microsoft, Google, and Apple.
MEAN Stack Web Development in LPU
Commencing from the 5th semester, those allocated the MEAN Stack Web Development have to study four courses for three semesters.
- INT219: Front End Web Developer
- INT220: Server-Side Scripting
- INT221: MVC programming
- INT222: Advanced Web Development
All the allotted students will have to complete one course in the 5th semester, two courses in the 6th semester, and the last course in the 7th semester.
Being a Full Stack Web Developer, students can draw an average salary of 4.26 LPA, the range being 2.07 LPA to 8 LPA. And obviously, be able to experience a never-ending demand in the sector.