Let’s start with recalling some significant sayings that elucidate the importance and infiniteness of knowledge in the lives of human beings:
“Knowledge is Power”
“The ultimate goal of humanity is knowledge.”
“Knowledge is as infinite as the universe.”
“The river of knowledge has no depth.”
In this era of smart technologies, sources of knowledge are easy to find. You can read books and newspapers online, watch educational films and videos, and what not. One of the recent and most effective ways of learning today is Online courses, commonly referred to as MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses). These courses generally involve video lectures given by professionals of that particular subject/field. There are unlimited free as well as paid online courses available on the internet. Be it Mathematics, Psychology or Business Management, you can learn everything online. Some websites that offer free MOOCs are as follows.
- Khan Academy
- Stanford Online
Why Go For MOOCs?
- These courses offer you the ease of not being tied down to a fixed schedule. You may attend your lectures whenever you are free.
- They are more economical than joining extra classes for learning something new. Hundreds of courses are even for free.
- After the completion of the course, you will generally be awarded a certificate. Thus, they are authentic and you can use them in your resume.
- They lead you to a lot of exposure. Your network will increase as you will come across many other people pursuing the same course as you. even your lecturer may be a foreign resident.
- Most MOOCs platforms provide the student with a personal talk time with the teacher. This leads to increased interaction with the teacher and hence, better results.
- MOOCs are available for subjects you might have not even heard about. There are no restraints, you can enrol in any course that interests you. Engineering students can learn to blog, and commerce students can learn photography.
There is no limit to learning and MOOCs have been a successful tool to embed this thought into students’ life. In free time, students can opt for an online course that they like and make their routine more productive.
Cheers to learning!