On 22nd October 2021, Indi Design India organized our nation’s biggest design award event to facilitate the extraordinary design projects produced during this year in India. LPU’s School of Design participated in the Design India Show 2021 which event was founded by Design India Magazine in 2016 to highlight Indian talent in the field of design, innovation and art. However, due to Covid-19 restrictions, the event was conducted on a digital platform. This was a very blessing in disguise as umpteen designers and students from various universities and remote places were able to join this webinar concurrently. The theme of this event was ‘UNMUTE’ as for the past one and half years we have been put on a mute, due to the pandemic. Thus, this platform was a medium to unmute ourselves and commence a fresh start, post-pandemic.
Getting back to the ‘changed’ world, with newer design requirements as surely the world has adapted to a contemporary lifestyle during the 2020 lockdowns. The moderator of the show was Mr Sudhir Sharma and the honourable guest speakers were Anil Sinha, Mikko Koria, Nachiket Thakur, Praveen Nahar, Vidhika Rohtagi, Shashwat Das, Payal Nanawati, Antony Lopez, Jacob Mathew, Girish Lone, Adaveita Mathur, Sonam Tashi, Sanadan Sudhir, Shibani Jain, Shiva Vishwanathan, Prasoon Pandey, Vinay Thakker, Rajshree Tupe, Minti Shah and Barrdesh Raval. The hostess of the show was Anshika Seth.
The Indias’s Best Design Projects 2021, awarded for their innovation and continuing creativity even during this pandemic are as follow:
- AARMR MEDEX99 by Saurabh Singh
- All Living Things Environmental Film Festival (ALT EFF) Branding by Neha Shreshta, Mradula Patankar, Nithin Narayana
- Binary non Binary collection by Smruti Mathisekaran and Gehana Doshi
- Bloom by Dhruv Agarwal
- Branding Chapati Restaurant by Dreamjar Studios
- Brewster 5000 by Abhishek Senthil Kumar, Vanshika Singhi and Tanvi Supe
- CEAT UX 1.0 by Fractal Ink Team
- Deco by the Bay by Ruchita Madhok and Aditya Palsule
- Energising Central Park by Lopez Design Team
- Fine o Wine by TRD Studios
This award show has been inspiring and encouraging several students from the field of architecture, interior design, product design and graphic design to learn from the established professionals and showcase their work on this massive platform.